This year we intend to feed Rohingya (Bangladesh), Uighur (in Turkey) and Syria (in and around Idlib) refugees. Pledge an iftar for just R20 per meal and be among the blessed in the sight of your Creator.
Described as the “Most Persecuted People on Earth” the Rohingya people have been facing decades of indiscrimination and torture at the hands of the government of Burma and Rakhine Buddhists.
The 1982 citizenship law resulted in the exclusion of the Rohingya, a Muslim minority living in the westernmost part of Burma. They are not included in the official list of 135 “national races” who are guaranteed full citizenship. The predominantly Buddhist Myanmar considers them Bangladeshi but Bangladesh says they’re Burmese. As a result, they’re effectively stateless.
- Khan Younis Water Project13th May 2019 - 11:24 pm
- Gift a Quraan for Ghana13th May 2019 - 10:24 pm
- Iftar Appeal 20197th Apr 2019 - 11:48 pm
- Operation Mozambique27th Mar 2019 - 11:48 am
- Jobstown Primary School7th Feb 2019 - 12:40 pm
- Gaza Water Project24th Sep 2018 - 2:08 pm
- Rice For Rohingya12th Feb 2018 - 3:45 pm
- ATMA Youth Development Centre15th Jan 2018 - 4:58 pm
- #MyRohingya18th Sep 2017 - 4:12 pm